Tourism essay topics ielts
Hey, you’re new here – welcome!
Spending lots of time searching for IELTS info? Subscribe to IELTS-Blog and save 30 minutes a day by getting recent exam questions, practice tests and preparation tips delivered to your email, free.
Many people believe that international tourism is a bad thing for their countries. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to change this negative attitude towards international tourism?
Many individuals think that foreign tourism brings negative effects to their countries. There are several reasons for such negative attitude towards international travelers. However, a couple of solutions could be adopted to handle this situation, as will now be discussed.
International tourists are often criticized for their contribution to the environmental degradation. It has continuously been noticed that they throw rubbish in their surroundings irresponsibly, which increases the amount of litter everywhere, despite all attempts to reduce waste produced by the local community. This contributes to water, air and soil contamination.
Furthermore, foreign tourism has a harmful influence on traditional customs and indigenous practices of host countries because many tourists are careless and insensitive the emotions and feelings of local residents. For instance, in India, some foreign travelers wear inappropriate clothes or expose too much of skin when they visit sacred places, which leads to some negative attitude and the local public.
However, this situation can be improved different solutions which could be handled by the government. The government should explain the benefits of international tourism which contributes to the development of local . They not only spend money in shops and restaurants but also create jobs in service industries, and this aspect could be publicized. Additionally, the government should increase the awareness among the foreigners through different media such as roadside billboards and advertisements, and tourists should be encouraged to get rid of rubbish correctly.
In conclusion, the inhospitable feeling that the local people have for international tourists can be explained in many ways. However, in my opinion, the governments involvement is essential to change the negative attitude by citing various advantages of international tourism to their country and raising awareness among tourists in order to protect local habitats.
This essay covers the entire task topic by exploring both reasons for negative attitude towards international tourism and some possible actions to change it. The writer explains why locals may resent international tourists and suggests what steps can be taken to transform the way people feel about foreigners in their country. The information is well-organised by the use of paragraphing, and the writer moves from one idea to the next effortlessly, with the help of linking words. A wide range of vocabulary is used, including less common words such as degradation,inhospitable, habitat, awareness and sacred. Instances of inaccurate word choice are rare, and even these slips dont cause difficulty for the reader. Overall, this looks like a Band 8 essay.
Click here to see more IELTS essays of Band 8
Share this to help your friends do better in IELTS!
to is the correct preposition here
by adopting (the preposition by is missing)
the writer means economy, not residents
- IELTS essay, topic: Some people believe that preserving natural environment is crucial, but make no effort to do so (reasons and solutions) Some people believe that preserving natural environment is crucial, however,…
- IELTS essay, topic: Obesity is becoming common among children, give reasons and solutions (from Target Band 7 book) This essay was written on a topic from Target Band…
- IELTS essay, topic: Should governments impose extra taxes to restrict tourism in order to reduce pollution? This is a model response to a Writing Task 2…
- IELTS essay, topic: The proportion of older people is increasing, what problems will this cause and what solutions can be suggested? In many countries the proportion of older people is steadily…
- IELTS Essay, topic: Nowadays celebrities earn more money than politicians, what are the reasons for this? Nowadays celebrities earn more money than politicians. What are the…
Video liên quan