Remote Desktop connection not working Windows 10
Remote Desktop is one of the best functions of Windows 10 which enables remotely located computer devices to connect. With the help of an internet connection, users can share their desktop screen with any other computer device located remotely. It is very useful for business organizations that have their teams located in different locations as they can easily integrate their work without any physical boundaries.
However, sometimes this Remote Desktop Feature wont work for you because of multiple different reasons such as
- Remote Desktop not connected to the computer
- Windows 10 RDP client not working
- Remote Desktop wont be working after the update
- The feature wont connect over the internet and many more
But, lucky for you Windows 10 Remote Desktop not working can be easily fixed on your computer. You just need to be a little attentive and have to use the following solutions to fix the remote connectivity problem.
Before get started check and make sure the remote desktop option is enabled on both source and the destination computer.
Pro Tip : if your computer is not properly connected to the internet, you wont be able to use this feature.
Post Contents :-
- 1 How to enable Remote Desktop on Windows 10
- 2 Remote desktop not working windows 10
- 2.1 Go through your internet connection
- 2.2 Allow remote desktop from firewall settings
- 2.3 Check RDP service running
- 2.4 Remove your credentials from Remote Desktop
- 3 Disable IPv6 protocol
- 3.1 Use third-party tools
How to enable Remote Desktop on Windows 10
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Under the System section, click the Allow remote access link.
- Under the Remote Desktop section, select the Allow remote connections to this computer option.
- Also, check the Allow Remote Assistant checkbox under Remote Assistance.
- Click the Apply button to the OK.
Remote desktop not working windows 10
Well, the Remote desktop feature is enabled on both ends but still you are unable to connect to the remote computer? Or getting an error like
Remote Desktop Disconnected.
This computer cant connect to the remote computer.
Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator.
Dont worry here we have different solutions help to fix Windows 10 Remote desktop connection problems.
Go through your internet connection
It is common knowledge that the Remote Desktop Feature entirely depends upon Internet connectivity. So, foremost, you need to check your internet connection and make sure that everything is working properly between your device and the local internet connection. You can check the network status from your computer if the connection isnt right, then you can check your internet router and other cables. If you dont find any problem with your connection, then you can contact your internet service providers as sometimes the server of a data providing company is down.
Pro tip: Press Windows + R, type google.com -t and click ok if you are getting replay like the image shown below then there is no more problem with an internet connection. But if you are not getting a replay then you must check and fix your internet connection problem first.
Allow remote desktop from firewall settings
Sometimes your Windows firewall settings wont let you establish a Remote Desktop connection freely. If the Remote Desktop is blocked by your firewall settings, then you wont be able to establish a remote connection even if your internet connection is up to date. To check the status of your firewall settings for Remote Desktop, you have to follow these steps
- Navigate to Search and type firewall in the box and let Windows Defender Firewall open.
- Now, open Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- And, click to change the settings.
- Next, you have to find Remote Desktop and check it and press Ok to save the changes instantly.
Here, you can try to connect Remote Desktop and it should be working now. You need to keep one thing in your mind that Remote Desktop is not enabled by the firewall by default so if you are using this feature for the first time, then you have to enable it on your own.
Apart from the Windows firewall settings, you need to also make sure that your antivirus isnt blocking the Remote Desktop feature. Some antivirus programs interfere with the system settings and protect your computer, it is a good feature but became trouble if they block the Remote Desktop feature.
If this is your case, then you might have to uninstall the interfering antivirus program to use the Remote Desktop feature. However, you can install the antivirus program which wont block Remote Desktop to save yourself from all the trouble.
Check RDP service running
If due to some reason remote desktop service has not started or stopped you may encounter problems with remote connection. Check and make sure the service is running state by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc, and click ok,
- scroll down and locate remote desktop service,
- Right-click remote desktop service and select properties
- Here check its startup set to automatic and its running state otherwise change it.
- Also the same for remote produce call (RPC) service.
Remove your credentials from Remote Desktop
Some users have reported that Remote Desktop wont connect problems that occur with their credentials. So, you can try to remove your credentials from the Remote Desktop feature to test this theory. For this
- You have to press the Windows key with the S key and type remote settings in the search bar and near click on the Remote Desktop Connection.
- When the Remote Desktop Connection window opens, go to the Advanced tab and click on Settings.
- Now, just press on Delete Credentials and this will definitely fix the problem for you.
Disable IPv6 protocol
A number of users report disable IPv6 (internet protocol version) help them to fix out this remote desktop issue. By default, Windows prefers IPv6 over IPv4. So if you are having problems using IPv6 to connect to the servers, you can force your computer to use IPv4 only.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and click ok
- Right click on the active network adapter and select properties.
- Look for the checkbox which saysInternet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6), uncheck it.
- Click on OK, and restart your computer.
- Now try to connect to the remote computer.
Use third-party tools
If you are not able to fix the Remote Desktop feature even after changing your device settings, then you can take help from third-party tools. There are plenty of different great third-party tools available that can help you in connecting remotely with another device. Moreover, these tools have a better interface and numerous other features to assist you.
So, you can now freely try to establish remote connections with other computer devices and make your work more efficient with better connectivity. The Windows 10 Remote Desktop, not working problem will not trouble you anymore, just follow the instructions.
- Quick tips to Fix Your DNS Server might be unavailable in Windows 10
- Fix Bad Pool Header BSOD Error in Windows 10
- 7 Solutions apply to fix machine check exception error on Windows 10
- Fix Windows 10 crashes continuously November 2021 update version 21H2!!!
- Solved: Microsoft store not opening on windows 10 version 21H2
Video liên quan